Our website address is: https://www.medismedical.com
As a company we take privacy seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers, service providers and employees. This privacy notice outlines how your personal information is treated through the use of this website, our services, when you apply for a vacancy and when you communicate with us.
Medis (Pty) Limited is a private company incorporated in South Africa with a Board of Directors who are responsible for governance and oversight.
- Our Privacy Principles
- We will only collect, transfer, process and store your personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013 with your consent and for the purposes it is required unless we are required for legal reasons to disclose same or in terms of applicable legislation.
- We will process and retain your personal information as required in terms of applicable legislation and will destroy same upon the expiry of the applicable terms;
- We may from time to time anonymise data which we will use purely for statistical and research purposes.
- We aim to ensure your information is accurate and up to date.
- We will take appropriate steps to protect the security of information you have provided to us in terms of industry standards.
- What information do we collect?
- We collect your Personal Information and Special Personal Information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act.
What is Personal Information ?
- Personal Information refers to information relating to an identifiable living natural person and to some extent juristic persons and can be for example information relating to a name, identity number or email address.
- We can also collect information on your browsing and device history as per our website in terms of our Website terms and conditions of use.
- Why do we collect information on you?
- We will process and retain your personal information for the purposes of selling our products to you; if you apply for credit or visit our website.
- We may keep your information in written format and / or digital format and your record will include basic details about you such as your name, address and email details.
- Your information is safe and confidential with us
- It is every customer’s right to expect that information held and used about them is safe and secure and only used for the agreed purpose.
- All our staff sign confidentiality agreements when they commence employment with us as part of their terms and conditions.
- Our staff will do their utmost to protect your confidential information.
- Where we outsource certain functions and therefore the processing of your Personal Information to third parties or provide your Personal Information to third-party service providers, we oblige those third parties to protect your Personal Information with appropriate security measures in accordance with our standards and applicable law.
- We do use your personal information for marketing or advertising purposes.
- Processing of Personal Information
Medis processes Personal Information in the following ways:
- For internal and external purposes we use electronic and manual mechanisms to process Personal Information of employees, customers, suppliers and prospective employees;
- We maintain internal rules for the use of information through secure services and systems as well as for the purposes of investigating complaints, legal claims or adverse incidents;
- For the purposes of seeking payment from our customers or for making payment to suppliers;
- We collect Personal Information to communicate new products to our customers or to communicate on the delivery of orders or existing products to our customers and
- We provide training to individuals and provide details of the completion of such training modules to the relevant regulatory authority.
- Your rights as our Patient and Customer
- You have the right to request access to your information that we hold and you can do so in a number of ways:
- You may request that we correct any of your Personal Information we have on file if it is inaccurate or incomplete by contacting us on email@example.com
- You may request that we delete any information we hold on you and we can do so subject to compliance with other applicable legislation.
- How long do we retain your personal information?
- We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, or as permitted by law.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information, legal considerations and the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- How do we secure your Personal Information?
9.1 Your personal information shall be treated as confidential and collected, processed and stored by Medis and our service providers in a manner that ensures appropriate security thereof, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures, which include:
- business continuity planning;
- disaster recovery planning;
- security awareness;
- application of international information security standards;
- benchmarked information security measures and
- information governance.
9.2 We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Complaints, Compliments and Comments
If you have any questions, compliments, suggestions or a complaint please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org